Macedoine salad It is a mixture of vegetables, some of which are diced. It is usually made with carrots, turnips, green beans and peas and can be served hot tied in butter and served as a garnish for meats and poultry or with a simple roast juice. The mixed vegetable is also served cold, tied with the mayonnaise sauce and served molded with hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes. It is this somewhat vintage but very classic primer that I am showing you here. By tasting this mixed vegetable you will definitely forget your canteen memories!
Here I have explained the classic technique to you. It is now up to you to adapt it to your tastes by bringing your personal touch such as an addition of fresh aromatic herbs (parsley, chives, coriander, chervil) or a more typical mayonnaise such as mayonnaise in olive oil or green sauce.
Variation: Macedoine Russian salad.
Mixed vegetables mixed with mayonnaise and decorated with diced lobster or lobster meat, dome molded and decorated with julienne truffles. Think about it for the holidays!
Macedoine Salad Recipe !!For this inexpensive vegetable Salad recipe in 30 minutes Very simple, light and really delicious
- 250 g carrots
- 150 g of turnips
- 100 g green beans
- 100 g shelled peas
- pinch of each salt and freshly ground pepper
Homemade mayonnaisesee on the note how to prepare it
- 2-3 of Tomato or cherry tomato garnish
- a packet of lettuce garnish
- 1 hole egg already cooked in boiled water garnish
- Turnips and carrots are diced 5 to 6 mm apart.
- Cook the diced carrots and turnips (boiling salted water) and separately, taking care to keep them a little firm.
- Do the same for the peas and green beans (which are cooked whole and cut into sections after cooking).
- After cooking, drain the vegetables and immediately refresh them in very cold water to stop their cooking and preserve the color.
- When the vegetables are cool, drain them in a colander and place them on paper towels.
- Do not hesitate to use several layers of paper or possibly a clean cloth.
- Once thoroughly drained, the vegetables are gathered in a bowl and gently mixed for the first time.
- It is at the time of the mixture that we will appreciate not to have pushed too much the cooking of the vegetables.
- Make your own mayonnaise for the binding. (see on note how to prepare it perfectly)
- Gently tie the vegetables with the mayonnaise.
- Cook hard-boiled eggs to accompany this mixture.
- To serve, mold in a circle or in a small bowl. Add a few salad leaves, tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs cut in half or into quarters.
- for how to prepare homemade mayonnaise you can join this link : https://padcook.com/special-food/healthy-food/easy-homemade-mayonnaise/