Need you a recipe for the Big Game or to bring to a party? Let these homemade Slow Cooker Gluten Free Cocktail Meatballs! to be your reward .These Crockpot BBQ Meatballs are easy to make, made with lean ground turkey, great for entertaining and are totally gluten free! They also make the perfect appetizer or main dish that everyone will love!
This healthy recipe makes meatballs from scratch that can be served over pasta or eaten with a toothpick. I think this is the best recipe for gluten free meatballs!
Can I prepare crockpot gluten free meatballs in advance?
Yes! You can shape the raw meatballs as instructed, and store them in the refrigerator for as long as the meat you’re using is good. Then, set them to cook in the crockpot 4 or 8 hours before you’re going to be ready to eat.
If you’ll be ready to eat more than 8 hours after cooking the meatballs on the “low” setting, your crock should switch to the “warm” setting automatically after the cooking cycle is finished. It can stay on warm for up to 1½ hours.
How long can gluten free meatballs stay in crockpot after cooking?
These gf meatballs can stay in the crockpot on warm for up to 1½ hours after they’re done cooking. To stretch out the amount of time to the fullest, cook the meatballs for 8 hours on the “low” setting first.
Most crockpots will switch to the “warm” setting immediately after the cooking timer runs out. You don’t want to keep the crock on “low” after the meatballs are done cooking, though, or they edges may burn.
Can I Use Frozen Meatballs for this Slow Cooker Gluten Free Cocktail Meatballs Recipe?
Sure, if you need to save time! Absolutely! I will say that this meatball recipe is a fantastic basic meatball recipe you can reuse for spaghetti night, if you wish! But absolutely, you could get frozen Italian meatballs to save on prep time. For me, though, you can’t quite beat the taste of a good ‘ol fashioned homemade meatball. You know?
Tips for Serving Slow Cooker Gluten Free Cocktail Meatballs for Parties
When serving these Slow Cooker Gluten Free Cocktail Meatballs at parties, you can keep them in your slow cooker and have your guests pull them out onto their plate using a slotted spoon. You can also have nearby in a serving container some party toothpicks for them to grab each meatball individually, or have them already staked with a toothpick in the slow cooker so they stay warm and saucy for the party. Whichever way you want to serve them, it doesn’t necessarily matter, they are great in every way!
Gluten Free Slow-Cooker Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 4 fresh minced garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large jar of marinara sauce of your choice or use homemade or use canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ tsp of fresh ground cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- some of fragrant nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- First, make sure to spray your slow cooker with olive oil.
- Second, stir together the meat, almond flour, egg, oregano, basil, garlic, black pepper,cumin,bay leaf,½ teaspoon onion powder, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl until everything is incorporated.
- Next, take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball, and repeat until all the mixture is used.
- After that, place the meatballs in your slow cooker, about one inch apart.
- Following that, pour the marinara sauce over the top of all the meatballs.
- Lastly, cover your slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the meatballs are tender and reach a temp of 165 °F. Serve and enjoy.