Ultra simple, ultra smooth..Mayonnaise is a cold sauce made from oil emulsified in a mixture of egg yolk and vinegar, or lemon juice, with mustard added in some regions.
It goes best with cold preparations and is an essential element for certain dishes, such as tomato with shrimp, Russian salad, mimosa egg, tuna sandwich or tuna peach. It is also strongly associated with fries, but also serves as a device for other sauces, such as Andalusian sauce, cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or even musket sauce.
Easy Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk The mayonnaise will be lighter if you use the whole egg.
- 1 tablespoon strong mustard
- 1 drizzle of vinegar
- 10 cl of neutral oil
- 1 spoon of cottage cheese
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, a little salt, pepper, mustard,cottage cheese and a few drops of lemon juice .
- Whisk gradually pouring in the oil, the mayonnaise should gradually thicken.
- You can add herbs or lemon to flavor it.