This Turkey Tetrazzini recipe is the perfect way to enjoy leftover turkey. In this recipe, we have collected the perfect assortment for those with fine taste.Tender turkey chunks, mushrooms and pasta are smothered in a rich and creamy sauce is topped with cheese and baked until hot and bubbly..
Tetrazzini Meaning !!
Tetrazzini is an American dish often made with diced fowl or seafood, mushrooms, and almonds in a butter/cream and parmesan sauce flavored with wine or sherry and stock vegetables such as onions, celery, and carrots. It is often served hot over spaghetti or some similarly thin pasta, garnished with lemon or parsley, and topped with additional almonds and/or Parmesan cheese. The dish is named after Italian opera star, Luisa Tetrazzini. It is widely believed to have been invented ca. 1908–1910 by Ernest Arbogast, then chef at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, California, where Tetrazzini was a long-time resident. However, other sources attribute the origin to the Knickerbocker Hotel in New York City. The chicken tetrazzini was made famous by chef Louis Paquet. There is no universal standard for the dish, so various parts are missing or substituted in various recipes. For example, another kind of nut, or different hard cheese. The name is often expanded to describe the specific meat used.
Like most casseroles, Turkey Tetrazzini can be made ahead of time. Another reason it’s a family favorite. Just get it all assembled, wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Take it out, discard the plastic wrap and add a few minutes to the baking time. You have yourself a hassle free weeknight meal.
Best Turkey Tetrazzini Ever !!!
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 8 ounces spreadable cream cheese garlic flavor
- 1 ⅓ cups half & half or light cream
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ¼ tablespoon red chili flakes
- ⅓ tablespoon dried thyme
- ⅓ tablespoon dried rosemary
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoonolive oil
- 2 cups turkey chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 80 g of green peas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- About now, put the spaghetti into the boiling water you've heated. Follow the package directions and cook until al dente. While the pasta is cooking continue on with the recipe.
- Cook butter, onions and garlic over medium heat until softened. Add mushrooms,peas and cook an additional 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and cream all at once. Cook until thick & bubbly, let boil 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add parsley and seasonings
- Combine spaghetti, turkey, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sauce. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining mozzarella, cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered until hot & bubbly.