Pizza diavola means the devils pizza and is quite a spicy little devil and one of my favourite pizzas. If you like spicy hot and chilli flavours you will enjoy this …
Pizza alla diavola !!
Ingredients for Dough :
- 500 g of white flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ of yeast (approx. 20 g) crumbled
- 250 ml of water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Sauce tomato Ingredients :
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (approx. 400 g)
- ½ bouquet of chopped rosemary
- 1 pinch of sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
Top the pizza
- 300g crumbled mozzarella
- 100g sliced chorizo
- 100g Italian sausage with fennel
- 100g spicy Sardinian sausage optional
- some black olive
- chili peppers for spice
- Pizza dough : Combine flour and salt in a container. Add the yeast, water and oil and mix with a wooden spoon. Knead everything into a soft, smooth dough. Cover it and let it rise for approx. 1 h at room temperature until it doubles in volume.
- Tomato sauce ! Heat the oil in a saucepan. Sweat the garlic and onion in it, then briefly add the tomato puree. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce for about twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the dough in half, form two balls, flatten them slightly, spread in a round shape on a little flour, place on the plates. Divide the tomato sauce between the two pastas, leave an edge about 1 ½ cm wide, garnish with mozzarella, chorizo and red pepper. Then arrange the salami slices and the sausage meatballs harmoniously and sprinkle again of oregano.
- prepare the oven preheated to 200 ° C for about fifteen minutes.
- Cooking Cook approx. 20 to 22 min. at the bottom of the oven preheated to 200 ° C. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with basil and pepper. Cook the second pizza in the same way.and have a good taste