A quick soup, perfect for the whole family, rich in benefits. It will perfume the house during cooking. The tarragon compliments the turkey wonderfully.
Tarragon Turkey Soup !!
- 1 C. olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 c. dried tarragon
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 5 small red potatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking pearl barley
- you can add a slice of lemo optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and brown the ground turkey in it for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, the pepper; cook for a few minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth, tarragon, carrots and potatoes; bring to a boil then lower to medium-low heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, then add the barley; cook until barley is tender, about 15 minutes.