This homemade cheese hash brown casserole is a comforting side dish that everyone loves. Wonderful comforting potato dish loaded with cheddar cheese and a creamy sauce. It’s easily made without canned soup and cooked to gooey perfection. Make this side dish for every vacation get-together, family dinner, and potluck. Absolutely. You can prepare the pan completely until cooking and refrigerate overnight. Make sure to cover the prepared casserole dish with saran before putting it in the fridge. (Discard the saran before cooking.) Bake at 350 if needed, but add about 5 more minutes as the pan will start cold.
Wonderful comforting potato dish loaded with cheddar cheese and a creamy sauce. It’s easily made without canned soup and cooked to gooey perfection.I can guarantee your family is going to enjoy this one! Often served at potlucks and funerals, everyone digs this cheesy dish.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole RecipeI can guarantee your family is going to enjoy this one! Often served at potlucks and funerals, everyone digs this cheesy dish.So easy and delicious and perfect for a crowd!
- 32 ounces frozen hashbrowns
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 10.25 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion (about 1 small onion)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded (about 2 cups))
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 chives, finely chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine frozen hashbrowns, sour cream, cheese, soup, salt, pepper, onion and ½ cup of the melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into a 13x9 baking dish.leave 1/2 cup to pour it last to give it a golden color and even to give it the opportunity to be chipped.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for about 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to add some crunch to the topping. Serve and enjoy!
- May be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator. If doing this, the hashbrowns will be thawed. You can now bake it for about 45 minutes covered, and 5 minutes uncovered. ENJOY