Looking for easier soup recipes? Try This Sweet Potato Soup is a warm and simple way to enjoy sweet potatoes! This soup recipe contains simple ingredients. It makes a slightly sweet soup, with a smooth and creamy texture! silky and tasty. Prepare this dish in less than an hour :
Sweet potato soup recipe ?Looking for easier soup recipes? Try This Sweet Potato Soup is a warm and simple way to enjoy sweet potatoes! This soup recipe contains simple ingredients. It makes a slightly sweet soup, with a smooth and creamy texture! silky and tasty. Prepare this dish in less than an hour :
- 4 large sweet potatoes (900 g-2livres)
- 3 medium onions (400 g)
- 2L Liquid chicken broth (buy it from the near store or prepare it in advance at home
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons of peanut oil optional
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder just pinch
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- pinch Salt
- pinch pepper
- Rinse and lightly rub the outside of the potato with a vegetable brush to remove dirt. Then use a peeler
- Cut off the sharp ends and throw them away. Make thick slices lengthwise, then cut them into sticks. From there, cut the sticks into thick cubes.
- Another option is to cut the whole sweet potato into slices and then cut them into small pieces.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and onion in a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil, peanut oil add spices and mix well to coat the vegetables.
- Place the skillet in the oven to roast. It will be ready when a fork can be easily inserted into the sweet potatoes without making them mushy. The onions will also have a nice caramelized color.
- Add the grilled vegetable mixture to a blender with the liquid. Blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if necessary. If you don't have a blender, a large food processor will work. You can also add everything in a saucepan and mix with an immersion blender.
- Heat in a saucepan if necessary. If the soup is too thick, add more water or broth gradually until it has the desired consistency. Serve and enjoy!
- After preparing the soup, serve it hot, still cool and fresh.
Thick, crispy bread is always a great addition to a hot soup recipe. Here are a few more ideas for making it a warmer meal:
- What to serve with sweet potato soup :