“This rich and earthy chicken soup packs a proper punch – it’s seriously good. ”
- 150g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 350g firm silken tofu
- 4 free-range chicken thighs , skin on, bone in
- 1 litre organic chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon low-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Korean chilli paste , or hot chilli sauce
- 200g kimchee , (find it in Asian supermarkets)
- 250g wholewheat noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 lime
method for good make :
- Wipe the mushrooms clean, trim the stalks, halve any larger mushrooms, then dry char in a large non-stick casserole pan on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until dark golden and beautifully nutty, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and finely slice into rounds at an angle. Trim and roughly slice the spring onions. Drain the tofu and chop into eight chunks.
- Pull the skin off the chicken thighs and discard. Use the heel of a large knife to cut each thigh through the bone into three pieces by carefully and firmly tapping the knife with a rolling pin – this will add more flavour to the broth.
- Remove the mushrooms to a plate, and add the chicken and carrots to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spring onions, mushrooms, tofu, soy sauce and chilli paste and simmer for a final 20 minutes.
- Chop the kimchee and stir through just before serving (this means it isn’t over-exposed to heat, so will retain more of its nutritional benefit).
- While the soup is simmering, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain. Toss with the sesame oil and seeds, and divide between your bowls.
- Taste the broth, season to perfection, then squeeze in lime juice to add contrast. Divide between your hot noodle bowls, and enjoy.
asian crock pot recipeschicken hotpot recipechicken thigh recipescrock pot hamcrock pot ham recipescrock pot mac and cheesecrock pot pork roastcrock pot pulled porkcrock pot recipescrockpot chickencrockpot chicken recipecrockpot chicken recipesham recipesHow long to cook roast in crock pot?How to use a crock potInstant PotInstant Pot RecipesKorean chicken hotpotKorean chicken hotpot recipeKorean chicken hotpot recipesmeatball recipesausage balls