is a white bread cut into slices, which is spread with butter or margarine and covered with sprinkles or nonparilla1. Each slice is usually cut into four identical triangles.
The origin of fairy bread dates back to the 1920s in Australia, where it was first mentioned in The Hobart Mercury, which describes children consuming at a party It is often served at children’s parties in Australia and New Zealand. -Zélande.this Bread is a kid’s party favorite and so easy to make! You only need three ingredients for this sweet treat – bread, butter and sprinkles!
A simple party-time treat consisting of bread, butter and sprinkles.
how do you make fairy bread?
There are only a few rules when making traditional Australian Fairy Bread.
- You need to use a loaf of white store bought bread. The kind that’s cheap and cheerful with no nutritional value 😂
- You need to cover whole slices of the bread in lots and lots of spreadable butter (or margarine). Be generous and cover the slices right to the edges.
- You have to use 100’s & 1000’s and be prepared to get them all over your kitchen bench and floor.
- Carefully cover your buttered bread in sprinkles and then cut them in small triangles.
- It is best served fresh!
can i make fairy bread ahead of time?
You can make Fairy Bread a few hours before your party but it is best served fresh. You want the bread to stay lovely and soft. Also keep it out of the humidity if you can!
Fairy Bread !!
- 8 slices of soft white bread cut in the shape of a rod to appeal to little children
- 50 g unsalted butter Spreadable butter
- ½ glass of colored sprinkles 100‘s & 1000’s sprinkles
- cut your bread slice into small triangles.
- Start by covering slices of white bread in lots and lots of spreadable butter. Be generous and spread the butter right to the edges (this is what the sprinkles will stick to).
- Carefully add 100’s & 1000’s sprinkles on top of the butter. I find it easiest to do this by spooning over the sprinkles using a dessert spoon.
- serve ! and Enjoy yuuumy !!