The stuffed artichoke is a food prepared in various regions. A common Italian stuffing uses a mixture of breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, parsley, grated cheese and prosciutto or sausage.
- 4 pieces Artichokes
- 200 g Mushrooms of your choice
- 300 g Sausage meat
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup Bread crumb
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- I preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- I blanch the artichokes for 10 minutes in boiling salted water. Then I remove the hay and the excessively hard leaves.
- I peel and finely cut the button mushrooms which I return to the pan with olive oil and chopped garlic.
- I soak the bread crumb in milk until it is soaked, then I press it a little to remove the excess milk.
- I add the sausage meat to the pan as well as the bread crumbs and the egg yolk and mix well.
- I cut the cooked artichokes in half and I stuff them with the previous preparation.
- I place them in a gratin dish, sprinkle them with olive oil and bake them for 50 minutes. I don't forget to cover them with aluminum foil.
I can add some dry aromatic herbs to the preparation.