This basic quiche recipe is the one and only recipe you need to make a smooth and creamy quiche. All the tips and tricks you need to know to prepare and serve the best quiche ever!
What is a Quiche?
A quiche is a cream savory. Made with a combination of eggs and cream or milk. It is usually baked in a pie crust and can be made with a variety of different toppings, ranging from meats, vegetables, cheeses, and seafood. The quiches are perfect to serve like any meal. They are very common at brunches.They are best served at room temperature. They can also be served hot or cold.
Basic quiche recipes-using any garnish of your choice !!How to make a quiche using any topping of your choice !! This basic quiche recipe is the one and only recipe you need to make a smooth and creamy quiche. All the tips and tricks you need to know to prepare and serve the best quiche ever!
- 1 pie shell
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- about 3/4 cup of milk of your choice, preferably skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings of your choice: my Favorites are Ham and cheddarSpinach/sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese/Crab and mushroom and sliced ring olive garnishes of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the pie crust and insert it into a 9-inch pie plate. Cut off the excess crust and flute the edges.
- Line the inside of the pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie or bean weights (I use pinto beans) making sure they are against the sides of the pie crust. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes. Remove the weights and cook for another 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down. The crust will be golden.
- Prepare the egg mixture by adding the eggs to a large measuring cup. Add the heavy cream, then add the milk, the total measurement of eggs, cream and milk should be 2 and 1/2 cups. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix with a hand mixer to make sure the egg and cream mixture is completely mixed.
- Spread the desired toppings on the bottom of the pie shell. Pour the egg mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes. The quiche will be slightly wobbly in the center.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. The quiche can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
How do you blind bake a pie crust ? One of the first steps in making a quiche is to blind bake the pie crust. This slightly bakes the pie crust before adding the toppings and completing the baking process. Prepare the pie shell in the pie pan first, line the inside of the pie shell with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights or, in my case, dried beans. This will create weight in the pan, helping the pie crust to hold its shape while baking and prevent large bubbles in the crust. It is best not to punch the holes in the pie crust when making a quiche, as the holes may remain and will allow the egg mixture to escape from the crust during baking and cause the pie crust to stick to the surface. dish.
- Using 5 eggs you should have a total of 2 and 1/2 cups of liquid with the eggs, milk and cream.
- Nutrition Info has just the crust and the egg included. You will need to adjust with the toppings you choose.
What are the best quiche toppings(garnishes)?Honestly, pretty much anything you want. Quiches work best with meats, vegetables, seafood, and cheese. Most of the ingredients will need to be precooked. Meats must all be precooked and dried. For example: bacon, sausage, ground beef, ham. Everything should be cooked and the fat patted down with paper napkins. Vegetables should be sautéed before adding. After sautéing the vegetables in a pot on the stovetop, pat them dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Tomatoes and spinach can be added fresh to quiches. I threw the little grape tomatoes in a dice and added them, and the quiche turns out really well. And I always throw fresh spinach in my quiches and let them cook in the quiche. Of course, you can sauté the spinach before using it as well. Some of my favorite filling combinations:
- Ham and cheddar
- Spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese
- Crab and mushroom