This peanut butter cookie dessert is cookie layer on top of the other, peanut butter. No matter what this dessert is technically called, if you love peanut butter, you’ll call it delicious.
the second time I tried the recipe, I let it sit overnight. After refrigeration the cookies were slightly softer.What could be better than an indulgent dessert made from ingredients you have sitting in your pantry and that never needs to go into the oven? These cookies take just minutes of work; most of the time is spent waiting for them to harden into the rich, nutty, chocolaty delights that they are.
Peanut Butter-Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.
- Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.