A base for the timeless pastry which is the easy and light chocolate sponge cake, made for different cakes: birthday, layer cake, drip cake and so on. The base is easy with classic ingredients: flour, egg, sugar, butter and cocoa.
Easy and inratable chocolate sponge cake !!
I offer you a recipe for easy and unbreakable chocolate sponge cake, I realized that I had never proposed it on my blog, as we say Better late than never :).This chocolate sponge cake could be used for gourmet delights such as chocolate mousse with a cookie base or other birthday cakes.
- clarified hazelnut butter 37 g
- bitter cocoa 28 g
- 60 g of water
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 5 eggs
- caster sugar 85g
- flour (I put moist flour ) 75 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- To make clarified hazelnut butter
- Melt 57g of butter and leave on low heat until a hazelnut color (watch closely).
- Remove from the heat and remove the white layer. Keep the butter at 45 C.
- Prepare the sponge cake:
- Butter and flour a mold. Bring the water to a boil, remove from the heat and pour in the cocoa, whisking until the cocoa has dissolved and a smooth consistency. Add the vanilla extract. Cover the bowl with cling film.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add the sugar and beat at maximum speed until the appliance triples in volume (at least 10 min for a manual mixer).
- Remove 1 cup from this appliance and incorporate it into the cocoa. Reserve.
- Pour the sifted flour and cornstarch into the rest of the preparation and use a spatula to fold gently but quickly.
- Incorporate the cocoa mixture, pour the hazelnut butter in 2 batches and completely incorporate.
- Pour into the mold (I use a 21cm springform pan). Bake 30 to 35 min or until the knife blade comes out dry and the sponge cake comes off the walls.
- Unmold by passing a knife around the edges, turn the sponge cake on a grid and let cool.