a popular dessert from the cuisines of the United Kingdom, the southern United States of America, Belgium and Canada, mainly in Quebec. A delicious dessert and a good way to recycle leftover dry bread!
Bread puddingA delicious dessert and a good way to recycle leftover dry bread!
- 200 g Stale bread
- 350 ml Milk
- 200 ml Liquid cream
- 50 g Butter
- 4 eggs
- 100g Brown sugar
- 50g Raisins (dry grapes)
- 25g bitter orange peel
- 1 tablespoon. Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 1Pot of bitter orange armelade
- 50 ml rhum
- Bring the milk, cream, vanilla split in half and the butter to a boil. Leave to infuse for 15 min.
- Preheat the oven th. 6 (180 ° C). Cut the bread into pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar with the eggs until the mixture turns white.
- Add the milk preparation. Remove the vanilla pod. Pour the rum.
- In a cake pan, spread a layer of bread. Sprinkle with raisins and bitter orange peel. Cover with a second layer of bread slices.
- Moisten with the milk preparation. Crush lightly with a fork. Add the rest of the raisins and bitter oranges. Bake for 1 hour in a bain-marie. Let cool slightly before covering with orange marmalade. Reserve 12 hours before serving.
NotesTipYou can add dried fruits: apricots, grapes, prunes, figs ... Or 2 star anise to let infuse beforehand in a little milk.