Hasselback chicken: is a chicken dish that is a part of French kitchen. The primary ingredients in hunter’s chicken are sautéed chicken and a reduced « chasseur sauce » prepared using tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, white wine, brandy and tarragon. Several other dishes from around the world share these names; yet each version is very different, with few to no similarities besides the use of chicken.
- 500 g fresh spinach
- 1 log of goat cheese
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (thermostat 6-7).
- Cook the spinach in a pan with a little olive oil, until slightly wilted (about 4 minutes).
- Crumble the goat’s log and add it to the spinach. Mix so that the goat melts on the spinach. Sprinkle with chilli and set aside.
- Arrange the chicken cutlets on a baking sheet and previously covered with baking paper. Using a knife, make widthwise cuts on the cutlets. Be careful not to cross and cut the cutlets completely.
- Stuff the cutlets with the goat cheese and spinach mixture.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with paprika and grated mozzarella. Bake 25 minutes.