Poached egg is another way of cooking and eating eggs using the culinary poaching technique whereby the egg is cooked out of its shell so that the white is curdled and the yolk runny. poached or poached egg This is a very simple and quick recipe with which you can surprise everyone. It’s a different way of cooking and eating eggs using the culinary poaching technique whereby the egg is cooked out of its shell so that the white is curdled and the yolk liquid. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, vitamins (vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamins D, A, B2 and niacin) and minerals (phosphorus, zinc and selenium). Although it has been repeatedly said that consuming one or two eggs a day can increase blood cholesterol, the truth is that consuming this food daily has been shown to be safe for the body. health.
Before we start with this delicious poached egg recipe, we’ll give you some tips on how you can achieve the perfect poached eggs. The first thing to take into account is the size of the eggs, initially this would not be relevant but you should know that the eggs of the M will need less cooking time than those of the L. On the other hand, so that the poached eggs remain It is convenient to have it at room temperature, although it is always advisable to keep the eggs in the refrigerator to prepare this recipe, it is best to remove them at least an hour before cooking and leave them at room temperature .
How to poach an egg :
To start making a poached egg, pour water into a saucepan until it covers half of the container and add a tablespoon of vinegar, which will help the white to set well around the yolk. We put the pan to heat over medium heat making sure that it does not boil, the ideal for cooking the poached egg is that the water is at 80º but if you do not have a kitchen thermometer l the water will be ready when she starts to smoke, but not. I need to bubble. When the water is ready, we break an egg into a bowl or cup to make it easier to put it in the water, then we create a swirl in the center of the water with a spoon and we throw carefully place the egg in the center of the swirl. Let the egg cook for 3 or 4 minutes, checking that the water does not come to a boil. When the egg’s cooking time has passed, we remove it from the water with a slotted spoon and place it on a plate with a side or on a toast. Repeat the process with all the eggs you want to cook.
HOW LONG DO YOU POACH EGGS?
For a firm white and runny yolk you’ll want to poach the eggs for 3-4 minutes. I prefer a 3 minute poached egg. And if you plan to poach a batch of eggs ahead of time and reheat later, just keep in mind that reheating may firm up the eggs a little more as well.
CAN YOU POACH EGGS AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! After the eggs have finished poaching, just place them in an ice water bath and store them in the fridge for 4-5 days.
When you’d like to eat them, just add some hot water to a small bowl or cup and add the poached egg until it’s warmed up (about 20-30 seconds).
HOW TO MAKE POACHED EGGS (PERFECTLY)
Alright, are you feeling confident in your egg poaching skills? To summarize all the information above, this is how to poach an egg:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then reduce to low (or turn off the heat).
- Crack the egg in a fine mesh sieve (over a small bowl) and remove the liquidy whites.
- Transfer the egg to a small ramekin or bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of light-colored vinegar to the pot and stir to create a vortex.
- Pour the ramekin with the egg into the middle of the vortex and set a timer for 3 minutes.
- Once the egg is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the poached egg. Dab with a paper towel to remove excess water and eat immediately.
Tasty Poached egg recipe !!
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar
- Some water
- Heat the water over medium heat in a saucepan until it reaches 80º.
- Pour the tablespoon of vinegar into the water.
- Crack an egg into a bowl.
- Stir the water with a spoon.
- Carefully pour the egg into the center of the swirl.
- Cook for 3 or 4 minutes.Remove the egg with a slotted spoon.Repeat the process with the eggs you wish to cook.
- Serve and enjoy.!!