is a salad made with diced vegetables and other foods linked to mayonnaise sauce. It is called « Olivier salad » in Russia, Ukraine, Iran and the United States.
Homemade russian salad !!
is a salad made with diced vegetables and other foods linked to mayonnaise sauce. It is called "Olivier salad" in Russia, Ukraine, Iran and the United States.
Mayonnaise Ingredients :
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablesspoons olive oil
- Half a lemon (or a spoonful of vinegar)
- 150 g cottage cheese
Salad ingredients :
- 1/2 kg of potatoes
- 1/4 kg of carrots
- 125 grams of canned peas
- Half a can of peppers
- 125 grams of canned tuna
- 2 eggs
- pepper optional
- Mayonnaise prepared
- 1 red pepper optional
- 70 g pickles optional
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, dice them and cook them for about 15 minutes in a pot filled with salted water, until they are tender without crumbling. Drain and let cool.
- Cook the two eggs separately for ten minutes in water to which you will have added a pinch of salt.
- In the bowl of the blender, pour the egg yolks, the juice of half a lemon, salt and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Start beating, gradually pouring in the rest of the oil, continuously, until you have a thick mayonnaise. Taste and check the salt seasoning.
- Mix the potatoes and carrots with the peas. Add the shelled and chopped hard-boiled eggs, stir in the tuna in crumbs (set aside a little for decoration) and cover with mayonnaise. Stir well and set aside in the fridge.
- Serve the salad in aperitif spoons and decorate with a piece of tuna and a strip of pepper.