Coleslaw is a popular salad in North America, consisting mainly of grated raw cabbage. It also commonly includes grated carrots and onions, and can be garnished with a vinaigrette or even a fatty sauce.
- 1 teaspoons of vinegar
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 ½ cups (675 mL) shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) grated carrots
For the dressing :
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon lemon juiced
- 1 pinch pepper
- in a bowl Mix the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mayonnaise and continue mixing.
- Finally, add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.