This homemade Caesar Salad Dressing will rival that of any great restaurant.
Caesar salad is easy to make,healthy or all Familly members, classic and the ingredients are simple.
Easy Homemade Caesar Salad !!
This homemade Caesar Salad Dressing recipe will rival that of any great restaurant! Anchovy is key to proper flavour in the dressing - every self respecting restaurant uses it, so if you've had Caesar Salad out and loved it, you've eaten anchovies!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 - 4 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
For the Croutons:
- 1/2 French Baguette cut in half and thinly sliced (1/4" thick)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic 2 small cloves
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
For the Caesar Salad:
- 2 - 4 eggs , cooked to your taste, peeled and halved
- 500g / 1lb chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large romaine lettuce (or 2 small heads romaine)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded or shaved
- sliced becon optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cut the baguette in half lengthwise through the top of the baguette then slice diagonally into 1/4" thick pieces. Place the breads onto a baking sheet.
- Remove crust from bread (optional) and cut into cubes - around 1.5 cups. Drizzle with 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt, then bake until golden, shaking the tray once. Sandwich bread will take around 7 minutes, sourdough and similar breads take
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp of finely minced garlic. Drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons and sprinkle the top with 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- Toss until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer over the baking sheet and bake at 350˚F until light golden and crisp (10-12 minutes), or to desired crispness.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Whisk in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste.
How to Make Caesar Salad:
- Rinse, dry and chop or tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese and cooled croutons. Drizzle with caesar dressing and toss gently until lettuce is evenly coated.