Grilled kiełbasa is a well-loved classic that everyone hopes to see at a Polish BBQ party. There’s nothing better than a meaty Polish sausage: crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, enjoyed with a touch of mustard on the side.
you Wanna impress your guests with your knowledge about Polish sausages? Learn how they’re made so follow instructions :
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THIS KIEŁBASA IS GRILLED?
The sausage we’re using in this recipe isn’t raw, therefore it can be enjoyed at any stage of the grilling process. In my experience, 5 to 10 minutes on a grill is enough for kiełbasa to turn nice & golden – but feel free to experiment with the timing.
WHAT DIETS IS THIS GRILLED KIELBASA SUITABLE FOR?
This Grilled Kiełbasa is suitable for dairy free, gluten free, paleo and keto diets. Be mindful when choosing sides and condiments.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP GRILLED KIELBASA IN THE FRIDGE?
Once you’ve serve it, ideally it should be eaten within 4 hours.
Should you happen to have any leftovers (though if you have hungry guests, you probably won’t :-P), keep them! You can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
CAN I FREEZE THIS GRILLED KIELBASA?
No, that wouldn’t be a good idea. It will end up very dry and inedible.
HOW DO I REHEAT THIS GRILLED KIELBASA?
First off – you don’t have to. It can be enjoyed cold.
You can warm it up in the oven or a frying pan, but be mindful that any reheating will dry it out a bit (I still enjoy it though…). My trick to reuse any leftover grilled sausage is to chop it into pieces and throw it into scrambled eggs for breakfast. You could also toss it into pasta for lunch the next day.
Tasty Grilled kieLbasa !!!
- 14 oz (400 g) Pork Kiełbasa Sausage
- 1 pinch Sae salt
- 1 pinch of fresh ground cumin optional
- 1 tbsp Mustard for dipping
- pierce it with small blows from the top of a knife or with a fork before putting it on the grill
- (Optional step) Place kiełbasa on the cutting board and slit the casing on both sides.
- Grill kiełbasa, turning halfway through, until lightly charred. This can take anything from 5 up to 10 minutes.
- season with salt and cumin(cumin optional depond on your taste)
- Serve with bread and a dip of your choice.
Alternatively, serve with tomato ketchup, garlic or a horseradish sauce.