Kangaroo meat is rather rare to find, so you should make sure to cook it for a special occasion. This meat is unusual, since you have planned a recipe for the kitchen: a kangaroo bourguignon!
and You want to test an original way of preparing it like starred chefs Let yourself be tempted by this recipe accompanied by a good mix of ingredients and vegetables to give it flavor.I love making this stew when in the depths of winter we have the slow combustion fire going. With the cosiness of the fire and the smell of the stew slowly cooking.
kangaroo Meat stew !!
- 1/2 kg kangaroo fillet, cut into cubes
- 300 gbaby potatoes, halved
- 1 bunchDutch carrots, trimmed
- 300 ml water (approximately) you can add more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 brown onions, quartered
- 410 g canwhole peeled tomatoes
- 410 g canmushrooms in butter sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cornflour, mixed with a little water to make a slurry
- 3 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/4 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tbsp ground sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml of beer
- Damper or crusty bread, to serve
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley choped
- Heat a pot over high heat, then pour in the beer. Cook off the alcohol for a few minutes before adding the kangaroo.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes to sear the meat, before adding the potatoes and carrots. Stir to coat. Reduce heat.
- Pour over enough water to just cover, then add the garlic, onions and tomato. Stir to combine and coat evenly. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms, tomato paste and cornflour mixture. Stir well.
- Season generously with salt,ginger,cumin,leaf bay,parsley and pepper, then cover with a lid and cook for about an hour or until the meat is tender.
- Serve with crusty bread or damper.