Chicken soup is a real institution on the west coast of the United States, to the point that it has become a miracle cure … This recipe is a marvel. It is very healthy because very little fat and a bowl is a meal on its own! It is very simple to make although quite long (count 24 hours). But it does provide a good amount of soup. So plan good appetites or a battery of boxes and place in the freezer ….
- 150 g chicken fillet (better to be chest)
- 100 g of noodles (preferably Chinese)
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cubes of chicken broth
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of flat parsley
- 1 sprig of dill
- 4 sprigs of chives (optional)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch ginger ground
- 1 tbsp of can tomato puree (optional) if you want some red color and some taste for your soup
- 3 leeks cuted and ground
- Immerse the chicken in boiling water and cook over low heat (for at least an hour) until it can easily come apart.
- Add the peeled and cut potatoes into thin strips. Let cook.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the noodles.
- While they are cooking, mince the onion and sauté in oil with the grated carrots. Leave to brown, then remove from the heat. Add this preparation to the soup once the noodles are almost cooked. Simmer 5 min, still on low heat.
- Add the two bouillon cubes, pepper and salt. Cook for a few more minutes and meanwhile chop the aromatic herbs.
- Then turn off the heat and add the chopped aromatic herbs. Cover and let the soup sit for about 10 minutes before you can serve it.