A quick and easy idea to make with simple ingredients, the vegetable tart is a savory pie appreciated on all occasions: as an appetizer for a dinner with friends or a single dish with potatoes, zucchini and cooked ham to take to the office for the lunch break .
- 1 pack of puff pastry of about 300 g
- 2 zucchini
- 4 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of smoked cooked ham
- 30 g of grated cheese
- olive oil
- To make the vegetable tart, start cutting the courgettes: salt them lightly and let them drain in a colander. Peel the potatoes, wash and dry them, then cut them too and julienne, transferring them to a pan in which you have heated two tablespoons of oil.
- Brown the potatoes and cook them for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain them on paper towels. In the same pan, place the well-dried zucchini julienne with a kitchen towel and cook over high heat, turning it often, for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat two tablespoons of oil and flavor the finely chopped onion; when it has become transparent just salt it and withdraw from the heat. Collect the potatoes and courgettes with the onions in a bowl, mix everything with the beaten eggs, the minced ham, the grated cheese, the basil and the chopped chives. Salt and pepper.
- Brush a tart pan with oil and lay the puff pastry on it. Distribute the filling prepared evenly and bake in a hot oven at 200 ° for about 25 minutes. Withdraw, let the vegetable tart rest for about ten minutes and serve.