Scampi shrimp is a classic Italian-American dish that features large, juicy shrimp in a white wine sauce with garlic butter and thin pasta. This beautiful fish is so easy it comes together in under 30 minutes and tastes amazing. It will be perfect for a special evening and for a big family dinner.Quick and easy shrimp scampi. Shrimp sautéed in easy scampi sauce with garlic, butter, olive oil, and white wine, tossed with red pepper flakes and parsley.
Shrimp Scampi: Easy and Quick
Do you have a favorite meal for those need-something-quick-and-don’t-want-to-have-to-plan-or-work-too-hard days? I keep a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer just for those times when I’m too busy to plan, but want a quick and easy meal. I’ll put some frozen shrimp in a bowl of ice water, and if I’m serving them with pasta, by the time the pasta water has come to a boil the shrimp are defrosted enough to cook.Shrimp scampi has to be one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp!
How to Add More Flavor
Layering flavor makes simple dishes sing, and this shrimp dish is no different.
- Steep the shrimp in a drizzle of olive oil and pressed garlic with a pinch of heat from red pepper flakes. This method infuses extra flavor into the shrimp before cooking.
- Gain extra flavor by allowing the shrimp to sit in the flavored oil for at least 20 minutes on the countertop or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Avoid using acids like lemon juice or vinegars to the shrimp marinade. Similar to ceviche, these ingredients will “cook” the shrimp. Sitting in an acid based marinade for too long could also make the shrimp mealy.
What to Serve With Shrimp Scampi :
- Any long pasta noodle will work for shrimp scampi pasta such as angel hair pasta, linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine
- Zucchini noodles, or a combination of pasta and zucchini noodles
- Steamed white rice
- Gnocchi or risotto
- 1 pound of pasta such as spaghetti, angel hair or linguine
- 1 pound of large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of extra butter which will be used later
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 tbsp chicken or fish broth optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for taste
- If you still have shrimp in their shells, they will need to be cleaned and deveined before cooking.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, drain the water and set aside.
- Measure and prepare the remaining ingredients before you start cooking as this recipe cooks quickly.
- Season the shrimp with a little salt and toss to distribute the seasoning evenly.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Crush the garlic, chop it and add it to the pan. Add the red pepper flakes as well and sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes until the garlic is golden.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they turn opaque on one side.
- Turn all the shrimp over and cook until just opaque on the other side. Remove the shrimp from the pan but leave the butter and garlic behind.
- Add a little more butter and let it melt.
- Pour in the white wine, mix and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and season the sauce with salt. Return the shrimp to the pan.
- Cook for about a minute, stir in the parsley and add the cooked pasta. Mix everything and serve.
- serve it ! and padcook wish you a good taste