Here is a recipe for stuffed shells that tastes of love and is prepared in two seconds (I am sometimes told that I am exaggerating). It only requires a baking sheet, mixing bowl, cauldron (for pasta) and about 40 minutes of patience for cooking.
I’m too attached to the tastes of comfort food to try to reinvent the wheel. In my mind, distorting comfort food too much is like making a techno cover of a Beatles song. Don’t touch a classic too much!
I always cook a few extra shells in case some of them break during cooking.
STUFFED SHELLS WITH CHICKEN, SPINACH & CHEESE
- 32 big shells
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 1/2 cups tomato & basil sauce
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ lemon zest
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain and oil. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest, mayonnaise, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and egg. Salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, red onion, garlic and spinach. Mix well then set aside.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking sheet. Stuff the shells with the mixture then place them in the baking sheet. Cover the shells with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, cover the shells with the remaining mozzarella cheese and brown in the oven for a few minutes.