English scones are tasty rolls to taste for breakfast as well as a snack, accompanied by a good cup of tea, for a British break! Take your guests to the UK with this delicious recipe for English scones, very easy and quick to make.
Tasty English Scones
- 250 g of flour
- 40 g butter
- 15 cl milk
- 15 g caster sugar
- 1 of baking powder
- 1 small pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Work with your fingertips until you obtain a homogeneous dough (add flour if the dough is too sticky).
- Spread the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper 2 cm thick.
- Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut out dough discs about 5-6 cm in diameter.
- Place the dough discs on the baking sheet (previously covered with baking paper) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness (they must be nicely browned and swollen).
For a real English tea time, the most gourmet will serve the scones with a generous spoon of thick fresh cream (if not clotted cream) and pieces of well-scented strawberries, with a good jam or honey.