The recipe contains protein and fiber from fruits, yogurt and oatmeal. It’s the perfect breakfast to fuel your day. I love smoothie recipes because the whole family can enjoy them and they are the perfect way to include extra vitamins and minerals in my children’s diets. This breakfast smoothie is a staple recipe that fits perfectly into any diet!
Is it healthy to have a smoothie for breakfast?
Depends on the smoothie recipe. Many smoothies have tons of sugar and very little nutritional value. You need to make sure that your smoothie isn’t full of sugar (even if it comes from the fruit) and that it has a balance of protein and fiber. This smoothie is made with old-fashioned Greek yogurt and oatmeal, which will add extra protein and fiber to help you feel full and satisfied.
How to make a healthy smoothie for breakfast:
Make sure your smoothie has a balance of protein, fiber, and not too much sugar. Add fresh or frozen fruit to your blender. Add liquid (milk, water or fruit juice with low sugar content). Then add the old-fashioned oatmeal, Greek yogurt and a handful of ice cream. Mix and add more ice or liquid until it reaches the desired consistency.
Tips for a perfect smoothie for breakfast :
Add ice to thicken it or juice to make it thinner
Make sure to mix it well for a smooth consistency
Healthy breakfast smoothie
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 can of peaches (with peach juice)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries and blackberries (I use frozen berries for a thicker smoothie, but you can always add ice)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- big handful of ice cream
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (your favorite type)
- make sure the blender is clean before use
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Add additional juice, milk or water if it is too thick.
- for more sweet taste you can add honey