It’s all trees and garlands around the christmas holidays,but what about the season’s other festive greenery? Chocolate Holly Leaf Cupcakes are fun to decorate and delicious to eat!
this is the period to enjoy the whole family with recipes that will please them all and even your unforeseen guests will in turn have a treat so take your apron and enter the kitchen and follow my instructions and I will wait for your comments. give your feedback so let’s go !!
holly Christmas Cupcakes !!
For tuile holly cookies :
- 2 Large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled for 10 min.
- Green gel food coloring
For candied cranberries :
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tbsp corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
For cupcakes :
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
For decorating :
- Vanilla Buttercream, tinted pale pink
- Candied Cranberries
- Tuile Holly Cookies
Make tuile holly cookies :
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with silicone baking mats and have rolling pin at hand.
- Add egg whites to medium bowl and whisk in sugar until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Sift in flour, then add vanilla and stir with fork. Add butter and food coloring to combine. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make stencils: Trace holly leaf cookie cutter (for leaves) onto heavy piece of paper and carefully cut out shape, keeping stencil intact.
- Working with 1 at a time, lay stencils on baking mat and spoon Tbsp of mixture into center. Spread very thinly using offset spatula, then carefully remove stencil. Repeat 5 more times per cookie sheet.
- Bake until just starting to turn golden at edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Immediately remove from oven. Carefully drape cookies over rolling pin and allow to cool before transferring to wire rack. Repeat with remaining cookie batter.
Make candied cranberries :
- Line small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly brush cranberries with corn syrup and roll in granulated sugar. Transfer to prepared sheet until dry, at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours
Make cupcakes :
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Using electric mixer, mix together sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and beat on low speed 1 minute until combined and fully incorporated.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in milk and vanilla (batter may look curdled). Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon scant 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until wooden pick inserted in centers of comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate: Transfer buttercream to piping bag fitted with star tip; pipe buttercream in spiral to cover tops of cupcakes. Add candied cranberries to centers as berries, then place tuiles to resemble leaves.