Raw flesh is pearly pink; cooked meat is white.Barramundi has a firm, moist texture and large flakes. The fish is prized for its sweet, buttery flavor. Small barramundi are milder in flavor than larger fish. The few bones in the fish are large and easily removed.
In Australia, barramundi is the king of fish. The sage butter emphasizes its delicate flesh, for this reason we have decided to share with you this recipe of this famous fish rich in minerals. Barramundi’s clean, buttery flavor and meaty texture appeals to just about everyone—even non-fish lovers call it a favorite! With a similar taste to grouper and halibut, it’s a sustainable substitute for some of the most popular overfished white fish. Absolutely excellent! I have tried 3 types and every one has been great! All I can say is this meal is fast, easy and has the texture of fresh fish, not like the usual frozen which I dislike. Keep it up, you have a winning product!
My whole family absolutely LOVED Barramundi . It was so easy to prepare. I usually have to have tartare sauce when I eat fish, but there was no way I was going to cover the taste up with it this time. It was amazing!
Easy lemon Barramundi Recipe !!I have lots of food allergies and generally cannot find prepared food which I can purchase. I was amazed at the taste, ease in preparing and best of all individually wrapped serving portions. In addition to tasting great and being my favorite fish, it is so high in protein, low in fat, and has a very reasonable amount of sodium. Thank you!
- 4 medium-sized barramundi fillets (between 120 to 150 g per fillet)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or you can substitute it with a flavored herb flavor
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of ground garlic
- a can of fresh or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a little parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place 4 sheets of aluminum foil and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place a fish fillet on each leaf and sprinkle each with salt and pepper t a little thyme and ground garlic.
- Place 3-4 lemon slices on each fillet.
- Wrap securely, making sure each package is completely sealed, then wrap each in a second layer of aluminum foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning in half.
- Serve with fries, green salad and additional lemon. Or with parsley rice already prepared in advance