What are two summer pleasures? I answer mangoes and ice creams! A real mango sorbet, with a strong taste, strong on the palate and very little sweet, does that tell you? So prepare your ice cream maker and follow the guide! This is one of the first recipes I tested with my first ice cream recipes.
- 4 ripe mangoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- raspberries for garnish
Simple Syrup :
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Simple syrup : Combine 1 cup sugar and one cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to a boil. When mixture comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place mango cubes, simple syrup, lime juice and zest in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Freeze the puree in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spoon sorbet into freezer container, cover and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with fresh raspberries. The sorbet will last in the freezer up to one week.
Notes1-To find out if a mango is ripe, push your thumb over its skin with a little. The skin should wrinkle slightly, a bit like when you pass the push on the back of your hand. 2-If you do not consume everything immediately, you can add stabilizer (2-3 grams max, after the ice will become gelatinous). Add it at the same time as the sugar syrup and lemon juice, just before spinning. 3-you can change mango with peach or rasberry and follow the same instructions and have a good taste