The best desserts are shared and that’s why we invite you to prepare this delicious option.
Did you have dessert? Before you panic, try this delicious and convenient recipe for vanilla panna cotta, it’s great to share.
What Is Panna Cotta ?
Panna cotta is a very basic pudding that is made of dairy thickened with gelatin. It originated in Italy and its name literally means “cooked cream,” since the earliest versions were made of thick cream, sometimes thickened with fish bones.
You can eat it straight out of a cup, but it’s often unmolded onto a plate and drizzled with sweet sauce and garnished with fruit. A bite of panna cotta is remarkably creamy, melting in the mouth without a trace of grittiness or lumps.
Is this a Make-Ahead Dessert ?
YES! Panna Cotta can be made in advance so it is perfect for entertaining! Serve it in wine glasses at your next dinner party, or in tiny shot glasses for a larger gathering (think: baby shower, bridal shower, church potluck, etc.).
Toppings for Panna Cotta :
We love the berry sauce (strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice and a bit of sugar) because it ends up in every spoonful, but you can also top with:
- Fresh Berries
- Shaved Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Sliced stone fruit like peaches or cherries
- Diced Mangos
How to Make Panna Cotta !The best desserts are shared and that's why we invite you to prepare this delicious option.Did you have dessert? Before you panic, try this delicious and convenient recipe for vanilla panna cotta, it's great to share.
First mehod Ingredients :
- 1 envelope of grenetina
- 1 vanilla pod, shaved
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish
Second method Ingredients :
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 250ml/9fl oz milk
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 25g/1oz sugar
First mehod Instructions:
- Heat the cream with the vanilla, the grenetine and the sugar. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour into small glasses. Reserve until the shape is taken
- Unmould and serve with the berries.
Second method Instructions :
- soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool. Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.