Takeout always sounds appealing on a weeknight, but cooking something nutritious at home doesn’t have to be time-consuming or tedious. Instead of ordering in.
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 ounces gluten-free pasta
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber—peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the gluten-free pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Strain and set aside.
2. MAKE THE DRESSING: Using a blender or food processor, blend the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and ¼ cup cold water. Season to taste with kosher salt. Set aside.
3. ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce and cucumber. Top with the cooked noodles, then add the dressing and toss again. Transfer to a serving plate garnish with the cilantro, peanuts and lime wedges.