Learn how to prepare delicious homemade cheese curds with this beautiful and sublime recipe that will delight the whole family you find how step by step we manage to prepare it professionally. Their flavor is mild with about the same firmness as cheese. Fresh curd creaks against the teeth when bitten, which some say is their defining characteristic. I highly recommend it for couples looking to spend hours in front of their series, prefer to nibble on the good part or even to make your children enjoy themselves at home.
It is simply a cheddar cheese that has not been pressed1. In Quebec, it is also called « fromage en crottes » in colloquial terms. This cheese is at its best fresh today, even though it has not been refrigerated. When refrigerated or frozen, it loses its firm texture with a textured taste, it becomes firmer and has a great taste change. This cheese is also found in the other provinces of Canada, and in the northeast of the United States and also in Europe and more specifically the Nordic countries.
How to make Easy tasty cheese curds ?
- 400 g. cheese curds
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- The juice of a fresh lime
- 1 tbsp crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Italian seasonings
- 1 green onions cut into small rings
- In the first a bowl, combine the cheese curds and flour. In a 2nd bowl add the eggs (mix well) and in a 3rd bowl combine the soy sauce,Italian seasonings and Breadcrumbs.
- Individually, dip the cheese curds in the eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry in 375 F degree oil until the grains are golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, pepper
- Serve the cheese chips fried with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with green onions and lime wedges.
- as you can Mix 60 ml (1/4 cup) of mayonnaise with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of plain yogurt, 15 ml (1 tbsp) of sweet mustard, 15 ml (1 tbsp) ) honey, 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped chives and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lime juice. Salt and pepper.