cornish hen is a small chicken with a delicate flavor, which weighs approximately 800-900 g after cleaning. These Cornish hens are perfect to prepare when you receive guests. A refined meal yet very simple to prepare. Or also making it a perfect choice for a romantic meal.
Lemon Roasted Cornish Hen
- 2.5 kg of Cornish hens (about 5 lbs )
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of liquid honey
- 2 lemons cut in half
- old-fashioned mustard (optional)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine the zest and lemon juice, oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, ginger and honey. Salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Add chicken to the reserved lemon mixture and turn over to coat well. and Place the chicken on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet, skin side up. Place the half lemons between the pieces of chicken, cut side up.
- Bake in preheated 425 ° F (220 ° C) oven for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh reads 185 ° F (85 ° C) (brush the chicken with the preparation of lemon twice during cooking). Remove the chickens from the oven and place them in a serving dish. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Entre-temps, sous le gril préchauffé du four, faire griller les demi-citrons pendant 1 minute ou jusqu’à ce qu’ils aient légèrement noirci. Servir le poulet avec les demi-citrons et la moutarde à l’ancienne, si désiré.
- Serve the chicken on the hot plates, basting with the cooking juices.