An enchilada is a culinary preparation of Mexican origin. It is made of corn tortillas covered with salsa sauce or mole served hot. Tortillas are usually fried.
An express dish that you will certainly appreciate if you like Asian cuisine, it is light, balanced and very easy to make and as it is the opportunity to also make a small effort for those who have never prepared corn pancake we are here only to guide you go be ready:
INGREDIENTS FOR CORN PANCAKE :
- 1⁄2 cup
- 1⁄2 cup
- all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 2 cups cooked corn* (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked) cooking spray for skillet
INSTRUCTIONS STEP BY STEP
- Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and add to the flour mixture.
- Add corn and mix well.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Pour batter onto hot griddle to make individual pancakes.
- Cook until golden on the bottom. Turn and cook on other side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Notes FOR CORN PANCAKE :
- Fresh corn works very well in this recipe. Cook 2 large ears of corn for 5 minutes in boiling water then cool in very cold water. Cut kernels off the cob, cream style, (cut kernels with shallow cut then scrape the cob for the rest of the kernel). Add to batter.
INGREDIENTS FOR ENCHILADAS FRANCHOUILLARDS :
- 4 tortillas (wheat or corn pancakes) you will find below how to prepare it
- 300 g ground beef or chicken cut into strips
- 1 tray of cherry tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 drizzle of spicy oil (or a drizzle of oil, and separately, chili or harissa)
- Cheese according to taste, cheddar, young cantal, mozzarella, saint nectaire …
- 1 small can of tomato puree (140 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1st step: a small tomato sauce:
- In a small saucepan, heat a little oil with a chopped clove of garlic.
- Before the garlic browns, add the small can of concentrate.
- For a can of water.
- Mix everything, add the two sugars, salt, pepper, and, depending on taste, chili.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In a skillet, brown the sliced onions and the second chopped garlic clove in a drizzle of oil (spicy?).
- When they have softened well, add the pepper cut into small cubes, the cherry tomatoes cut in half, the chopped parsley, the oregano, the salt, the pepper.
- Simmer for ten minutes, then add the meat.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the tomato sauce and mix everything well.
- In a buttered dish, or covered with parchment paper or, the height of modernity, non-stick: Place a quarter of the preparation on each tortilla.
- Fold each side over the preparation, fold the two ends to close the tortilla so that the stuffing does not escape …
- nd turn everything so that the fold is against the bottom of the dish and can no longer open.
- Cover each enchilada with strips of cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 220 ° C (while the cheese melts and gratin).