The blue Hawaiian cocktail is a fantastic and fun tiki drink. It’s filled with rum, pineapple, and coconut and, best of all, it’s blue! Blue cocktails are always hard to resist because the color lures you in for a taste of the sweet tropical flavor. This recipe, which is nicknamed the « swimming pool cocktail, » is one of the best, and it’s tempting to drink more than one.
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a mixing glass filled with ice cubes, pour the pineapple juice, rum, blue curaçao, and cream of coconut. Stir well for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into a collins glass filled with fresh ice cubes.
- Garnish with the cherry and pineapple wedge.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you like, shake this cocktail to create a frothier drink. Just be sure to shake it until the outside of your cocktail shaker gets frosty and almost too cold to handle.
- For the frozen version, pour the ingredients into a blender with 1 cup of cracked ice and blend until smooth. It's enough for one tall drink or two shorter drinks if you'd like to share it with a friend.
- Want a slightly lighter drink? Switch to coconut milk or coconut cream as both are not as thick as the cream of coconut (sometimes labeled creme de coconut).