One of my favorite smoothie recipes is the green apple smoothie!
This is probably my second favorite spinach smoothie recipe. Apples and bananas are a must as they help sweeten the smoothie and make it creamy.easy and healthy green smoothie recipe. This spinach and apple smoothie recipe is easy to make and packed with nutrients and flavor.
What are green smoothies ?
Green smoothies are healthy smoothies because they are full of vitamins. They are usually green due to the spinach or kale mixed into the smoothie. I like to mix spinach with assorted fruits that balance out the bitter taste of spinach so it doesn’t taste like spinach juice. Green smoothies are a great way to get all the nutrients from vegetables without having to eat a ton! In fact, we just got back from vacation and I missed my smoothies. Next time, I plan to take my blender with me on vacation!
No seriously… I’ll do it. I love having one every morning and I love getting all the good nutrients that come in every spinach smoothie recipe. I use raw spinach in my smoothies. By boiling the spinach, you can cook some of the nutrients. For this reason, I try to mix raw fruits and vegetables into my smoothies to make sure I’m getting as many nutrients as possible.
What it takes to make this Apple Spinach Smoothie :
If possible, it’s best to use natural ingredients so that you don’t have unnecessary sugar in your smoothie. Plus, the fruit adds all the sweetness you’ll need for this great recipe! Ok, this is what you’ll need to make this delicious apple spinach smoothie recipe.
Green Apple Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups of spinach (packed in cups; mash as much as possible)
- 1 cup of ice water
- 1 green apple, peeled and seeded and cut into chunks (this apple peeler is awesome!)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds optional
- In a blender, place the water and spinach (add flax seeds for more fiber at this time if desired) and mix until smooth. I usually run it twice to make it nice and smooth.
- Add the banana, cut the apple and the ice cream. Mix until smooth.
- Use immediately.