Try this recipe for marbled Bundt cupcakes, a dessert from the United States. With their crown shape, they look pretty especially when dipped in chocolate frosting. Their small size makes them perfect desserts to bring for all kinds of occasions.
Nothing Bundt Cakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, slightly colder than room temperature
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) sour cream
- 10 ml (2 tsp) extract vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 85 g (3 oz) melted and cooled semi-bitter chocolate
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sifted cocoa powder
- 113 g (5/8 cup) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For Cakes :
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Grease and flour a bundt mini-cake pan (12 mini-cakes) and tap to remove excess flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar with the electric mixer or on a base, using the flat whisk, until a light texture is obtained. In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs with a fork and add them to the other mixture in batches, on medium speed. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla, then add to the main mixture while beating.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add them to the dough, beating on low speed until everything is well incorporated and scraping the bowl several times.
- With a spoon, put a third of the dough in another bowl. Stir in melted chocolate and cocoa powder and stir. With a spoon, put the dough in two pastry bags, fitted with the flat tip (or without tip) and fill the mini-molds with dough, alternating the vanilla and chocolate mixes.
- With a skewer, make light spiral patterns. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let the cakes cool for 30 minutes, then take them out inside out so that they are very cold before icing them.
For Icing :
- Put the chocolate, cream and butter in a metal bowl and place it on a pot of water about to boil. Stir gently until everything is melted. Dip the top of the mini-cakes in the frosting and put them on a plate to let them set. Serve immediately or refrigerate if served more than 4 hours later.
NotesIn the refrigerator, the cakes will keep for up to two days.