The best of both strawberry and lemon cake-mix cookie worlds!
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix Lemon
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix Strawberry
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Begin by making the two cake mixes
- for the lemon cake mix into a large bowl and the strawberry cake mix in another bowl. To each cake mix, add 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice; mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 20 minutes to firm slightly.
- Remove batters from fridge, and take 2 rounded teaspoons of lemon batter and roll into a ball. Repeat with the strawberry batter. Gently roll the lemon and strawberry dough together to make one large ball.
Transfer the dough ball into a bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar, and roll to lightly coat in sugar. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake each batch for 10 minutes, until they turn slightly golden and are cooked through. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.
- To make the glaze (optional), whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk until combined. Add more milk to thin the glaze if needed. Drizzle with a fork or piping bag onto the cookies once they have reached room temperature.