Cobb salad is an Famous salad recipe, based on salads, tomato, grilled bacon, boiled chicken breast, grilled or roasted, hard-boiled egg, avocado, chives, roquefort, and red wine vinaigrette. Black olives are sometimes added
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 12 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- In a jar, shake together vinegar, mustard, and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter, spread out lettuce, then add rows of hard-boiled egg, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with chives.