This cabbage soup is welcome right now not only in the winter cold but also it does the most good for the body after pancakes and pancakes.
The benefits of cabbage are multiple, a vegetable difficult to beat in a diet, low in calories, economical, good source of vitamin C, folic acid and fiber, simple and easy to cook. Other benefits like preventing cancer of the lung and digestive system.
The cabbage soup that I offer is based on other vegetables such as carrots and potatoes, you can add zucchini or turnips, it is really nutritious and healthy, without meat a kind of light vegetable soup.
Right now I often prepare soups for lunch I find it quick to make and comforting, it’s been a long time since I bought cabbage and yet I really liked it when mom prepared good little dishes for us of this vegetable: cabbage stuffed with meat or a good stew with cabbage.
As I told you earlier this cabbage soup and very quick to make 30 minutes of cooking, I first blanch the cabbage leaves to make it more digestible I have always seen mom do so.
- 1 cabbage (green or white)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bouillon cube (vegetable or poultry)
- pinch Salt
- 1 pinch grinted black pepper
- Peel the carrots and potatoes, rinse and cut the carrots into slices and the potatoes into cubes.
- Chop the onion and slice the leek.
- In a deep saucepan bring the salted water to a boil.
- Remove the core of the cabbage and cut it into 4 and blanch for about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander under cold water.
- Chop the cabbage leaves if desired or cut into small pieces.
- Meanwhile bring to a boil 1.5 L of water and add the chicken broth (I took the vegetable broth).
- Melt the butter in a pot and sauté the onions and leek rings for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage. Pour in the broth and cook for about 30 minutes.
- minutes before the end of cooking add the potato cubes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.