The eggplant cutlets are delicious and easy, which can also be proposed as an appetizer or at aperitif time: thanks to the double breading they will be irresistible!
- 2 medium sized round black aubergines
- 60 g of breadcrumbs
- 30 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 g of coarse salt
- peanut oil for frying
- thyme leaves for garnish
- To make the aubergine cutlets you will first have to wash the aubergines and cut them into 1 cm thick slices. Transfer them to a colander and sprinkle each slice with a little coarse salt. Let it purge for 1 hour at room temperature. After this time, wash them well, in order to remove excess salt. Then let them dry in a non-stick, oil-free pan, heating them for a few minutes on both sides.
- Let them cool completely and proceed with the breading. Pass first in the egg, beaten with salt and pepper, and then in the breadcrumbs mixed with grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat the operation in order to make a double breading.
- Fry the aubergine cutlets, a few at a time, in abundant peanut oil at 170 °, making them brown on both sides. Drain them with a slotted spoon and dry them on kitchen paper. Transfer the freshly fried eggplant cutlets to a serving dish and serve hot, garnishing as desired with thyme leaves.