I’m always on the lookout for easy sides, espeically when it comes to our Mexican dinners. This Mexican Rice couldn’t be more simple to make and so much better than anything you could find in a box! You may already have these ingredients on hand. I know that I try to keep them stocked in my pantry.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 TBSP butter
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz. can’s chicken stock
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium high heat.
- Add in rice and cook until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add in minced garlic, salt and cumin and cook for 30-60 seconds, stirring constantly to not burn the garlic.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer for 40-50 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.