Whenever I make chimichurri sauce I always wonder why I don’t make it more often especially when I have some fresh herbs in my garden The flavors are so fresh and herbal and this Argentinian sauce has delicious taste. The best thing about this sauce is that it can also be used as a marinade.
Super tasty and incredibly easy to prepare, this recipe includes fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic and strong vinegar. You get an extra boost of cracked red pepper.
My favorite way to enjoy chimichurri is with a spoon on grilled beef, but it’s also great for grilled chicken and smoked fish.Super tasty and incredibly easy to prepare, this recipe includes fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic and strong vinegar. You get an extra boost of cracked red pepper.
WHAT IS CHIMICHURRI SAUCE?
Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, fresh herbs, and spices. This uncooked, super fresh and vibrant sauce can be used as a marinade, dipping sauce, or condiment to drizzle over meat, vegetables, and more.
HOW TO USE CHIMICHURRI
You’ll often see chimichurri sauce served with steak, but why stop there? It’s also great on grilled chicken, fish, and a whole host of vegetarian foods. One of my favorites ways to eat chimichurri is to use it as a dip for toasted crusty bread. I suggest keeping a batch in your fridge and drizzling it on whatever you’re eating throughout the week. Once you start using it, you won’t stop finding more ways it can liven up a meal.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU USE CHIMICHURRI FOR?
How bout these ideas:
- As a light and tangy dressing for a vegetable pasta salad
- Drizzle over a sunny side up egg, serve with toast
- Mix with mayonnaise (or leave plain) and use as a sandwich spread
- Drizzle over a vegetable pizza after baking for a zesty finish
- Add to roasted potatoes, then toss to coat for a light, herbal potato salad
- Use in place of mustard on hotdogs and hamburgers
- Dab a spoonful onto fresh tacos
- Brush it onto kebabs after grilling.Chimichurri sauce is a tangy, fresh, and garlicky sauce that delivers big flavor to any meal. Use as a marinade, dipping sauce, or condiment.This vibrant green sauce is pure magic because requires only a few ingredients, but will transform anything you drizzle it on… and you really can drizzle it on just about anything.
- 1 cup of Italian parsley, destemmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stem
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar if you don't find any you can use the standard vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dried red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Rinse the parsley and cilantro well to remove any dirt or debris. Shake as much water off the leaves as possible. Pull the parsley and cilantro leaves from their stems, then chop them finely. Mince the garlic.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, chopped parsley, and chopped cilantro in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use the chimichurri immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Chimichurri will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- as you can Puree all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. to make the stain easier for you