Chili con carne is a kind of spicy meat stew originating in the southern United States whose essential ingredients of the best known variant are beef and chili.
Chili con carne !
minced meat, tomatoes and kidney beans, garlic and onion and chili spices (or failing that a mixture of cumin, paprika and cloves) and the dish is ready.
- 400 g minced beef
- 400 g canned red beans
- 400 g canned peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (mixture of cumin, paprikas, cloves)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onion.than Peel and mince the garlic.
- Melt the chopped onion and minced garlic for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and leave to brown for 10 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the chili powder and mix everything well. and pepper
- Drain the cooked red beans and add them with the peeled tomatoes to the casserole dish. Stir and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Simmer the chili con carne for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the ground meat is cooked through and the red beans are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary at the end of cooking.
- Serve the hot chili con carne in bowls or soup plates and serve with cooked white rice.