Cobbler is a dessert found in particular in the United States, but also in the United Kingdom. It is composed of fruit placed in a dish, covered with cookies. It is similar to the crumble, which is covered with a sandy paste generally composed of oats.
Tasty Peach Cobbler
- 1/3 L of water
- 75 g butter
- 125 g white sugar
- 250 g f flour
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 1 large pinch of dry yeast
- 3 cup milk
- 4 pitted peeled peaches
- 75 g brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Preheat the oven on thermostat 6 (180 ° C) and butter a square pan.
- In a large bowl, blanch the butter with the white sugar until you get a creamy mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Incorporate into the creamy mixture alternately with the milk.
- Spread the dough at the bottom of the mold evenly.
- Cut the peaches in half wedges and arrange on the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar and pour the water over everything.
- Cook 45 to 55 minutes. During cooking, the fruits descend and the dough rises to the surface.