A delight that appeals to everyone: the chicken cutlets with mushrooms and cream. It’s divine and ultra simple to make! You just need beautiful pieces of golden chicken, accompanied by a good mushroom sauce of your choice, crème fraîche, and topped with mustard.
Instant Pot Chicken With Mushrooms has a gourmet taste that’s achieved in under 30 minutes. Need a quick, satisfying weeknight dinner
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS?
The key to making great food in the Instant Pot is cooking in layers. First, you will brown your chicken in the Instant Pot, then set it aside. Then, you will add your mushrooms into the pot and saute them until tender. Next, you will add the chicken back in alongside the broth. Set your chicken aside and get started on the mushroom sauce. Add the cream and mushroom mixture to the pot to meld the flavors together. Pour the sauce over your chicken and get ready to feast!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place flour in a bowl with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Dredge chicken breast on all sides into the seasoned flour.
- Preheat Instant Pot on Saute More mode. Add olive oil to the pot.
- Cook chicken on all sides until it's golden brown. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and sautee them until they are golden. Add chicken on top of the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and change setting to Manual Pressure High for 12 minutes.
- Vent to release pressure, be careful, stay away from the hot steam. Remove chicken from the pot and place it in a serving bowl. To the pot, add heavy cream and switch setting to Sautee and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the mushroom sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce on the chicken. Garnish with parmesan cheese or herbs.
CAN YOU COOK FROZEN MEAT IN AN INSTANT POT?Only have frozen chicken on hand? No problem. You can cook frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the Instant Pot too. They will just take a bit longer. For medium-sized breasts, cook at high pressure for 12 minutes. Then, allow the pressure to release naturally for an additional 10 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot alone. Make sure the indicator shows that the pressure has been released before opening the Instant Pot.
HOW TO STORE INSTANT POT CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS FOR LATER?This is a great meal prepping recipe. Prepare a couple of batches and store them in airtight containers in the fridge. Leftovers will last for up to a week.