A “Made in USA” recipe for peanut butter cookies, called “Peanut butter cookies” on the other side of the Atlantic. Small fluffy and crunchy bombs at the same time ideal for tasting it, perfect when it will be cold this winter lol. Take peanut butter with pieces if you find for a more crunchy effect! Otherwise, it’s up to you to put in the dough a few crushed salted roasted peanuts, it will make a super sweet and savory side. Be careful not to bake the cookies for more than 10 minutes, otherwise they will be dry and crunchy, you will lose your soft heart.
Peanut Butter Cookies !!
Melt for these peanut butter cookies! The famous American “peanut butter cookies”. Soft and crunchy at the same time, they are easy and quick to prepare.
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 250 g peanut butter
- 70 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 50 g sugarfor decoration: peanut butter cups, or chocolate chips, or roasted peanuts etc
- 1 small pinch salt
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Whip butter and peanut butter
- Add the 2 kinds of sugar, the egg, the milk and the vanilla: whisk until you get a homogeneous paste
- Then add the flour mixture and mix with a large spoon
- Form balls of the same size, roll in brown sugar and place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 ° C, then let cool and place on a rack
- These cookies can easily be stored in a freezer bag.
Use traditional peanut butter (the one found in supermarkets) and not natural peanut butter (no additions) which is unsuitable for this recipe. I use for this recipe the brand Skippy creamy peanut butter.