Tortellini Salad Is The Ultimate Side Dish For a tasty main dish of your choice like BBQ or other meals .Pesto Tortellini Salad is ready in about 10 minutes! Made with just basic few ingredients.
It’s so simple and so delicious, which means you can’t go wrong with it. This salad is also easy to customize for a good summer days.If you like easy pasta salad recipes, you’re going to love today’s new recipe! Because this pesto tortellini salad is one of those recipes you’ll find yourself making over and over again. We brought it to a 4th of July party last year and it was one of the first dishes to go!
Can it be made ahead of time?
You can combine the tortellini, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and any other ingredients you’re including up to a day before you plan on serving.
Make sure you don’t add the dressing until right before serving to ensure the ingredients don’t get soggy.
Italian tortellini salad will last 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in a covered container. Simply stir and serve!
It’s not recommended to freeze tortellini salad.
One of the best things about tortellini salad is the ingredients can be mixed and matched for whatever you have on hand!
- Leftover veggies like broccoli or green beans
- Up the protein with leftover shredded chicken or even grilled shrimp.
- Add some olives, artichoke hearts, and sliced pepperoncini.
- Add some Roasted Tomatoes and feta cheese crumbles for a whole new twist!
Can you freeze this salad?
This specific tortellini salad should not be frozen. Some of the ingredients, like tomatoes, do not freeze well and when thawed out they become very watery and mushy.
Italian Tortellini Salad !!
- 1 lb. about 450 g fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp chopped salami or prosciutto
- 10 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teasppon kosher salt for taste
- Freshly ground black pepper for taste
- ½ green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 200 g ziti pasta
- 2 oz. can sliced black olives optional
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cool completely by running under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Any color bell pepper will work in this recipe. If the onion is really strong, soak it in cold water while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Do not overcook pasta. To save time, start the pasta and chop the other ingredients while the pasta is cooking.
- The pasta will soak up dressing as it chills, be sure to dress generously.
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes